It’s a very wintery July. There were hailstones here today. I’m feeling rather low, and I decided I need a cheer up. Here are ten tunes that make me feel fuzzy and warm inside, started with 10 – ended up with 14 or so!
1. You do it for Him/Her – Steven Universe
Listen to the lyrics, you can’t but awww
2. That Woman’s got me Drinking – Shane McGowan
Featuring a young Victoria Mary Clarke. I love this song.
3. New – No Doubt
Featured in the Original Fast and Furious, No Doubt are one of my all time fave bands. This song makes me feel warm, happy, and alive. When they released this after 13 years, I can honestly say I was overjoyed! Also, how come Gwen Stefani does not age?!!
4. Invincible – Muse
My “walk up the aisle” or “propose to me” song.
5. Alicia Rules the World – Alicia’s Attic
Hard to find a decent video of this. There is an odd one with Paris Hilton…
6. There Goes the Neighbourhood – Sheryl Crow
It *may* be a throwback to being fourteen, but this song always makes me get up and want to bounce about the room
7. Raspberry Swirl/Glory of the 80’s – Tori Amos
Feel good, weird video, peak 90’s. This is it!
8. 1979/Ava Adore – Smashing Pumpkins
Before he married Jessica Simpson and was afraid of Disneyland Rides, Billy Corgan was sort of cool.
9. Goodnight Moon – Shivaree
Kill Bill is one of my favourite movies, and this tune from its near epilogue always makes me feel warm inside, and safe.
10. Malibu – Hole
11. Oasis/Map of Tasmania – Amanda Palmer
Crazy content, but happy bouncy, and makes you feel better.
12. Holiday – Vampire Weekend
13. Hash Pipe/Island in the sun – Weezer
Seriously under-rated. Amazing, feel good. Yay.
14. Surfing – The Drums
Five words. Obama, I wanna go Surfing.
What makes you feel warm and fuzzy